Accents are typed before the base letter. To access a punctuation mark where a punctuation key has been remapped, hold down the Right-Alt (Windows) Option (Mac) key and then type the punctuation.
- Type the slash key / for the grave accent, as in à, è...
- Type the semicolon key ; for the ȣ character. This key is preferable to the number-8 because the character on the semicolon key also has a capital form Ȣ. Many fonts which contain this special capital and lowercase form Ȣȣ may have a small gap at the top loop of the character.
- Opening and closing quotes:
- single: ‘ GRAVE — ’ APOSTROPHE
- double: “ SHIFT+LEFT BRACKET — ” SHIFT+RIGHT BRACKET
- single ‹ RIGHT-ALT+SHIFT+9 — › RIGHT-ALT+SHIFT+0
- double « RIGHT-ALT+9 — » RIGHT-ALT+0