- To type the long-vowel dot, type the semicolon key (;) after the syllabic character: ᓈ is typed n-a-;
- W-dotted syllabics can by typed two different ways (depending on the keyboardist’s preference).
- Roman Orthography input: ᑶ is typed k-w-i.
- Dot key (u): ᑶ is typed u-k-i.
- The alternate y-final ᐞ is typed with Shift-y
- The sh-series ᔐ ᔑ ᔓ ᔕ can be typed either with the x-key or by typing s-h
- The th-series ᕞ ᕠ ᕤ ᕦ can be typed either with the f-key or by typing t-h
- With the caps-lock key down, the keyboard reverts to a standard US-keyboard.
In the preceding notes, the hyphen is used to separate keystrokes: k-a is k followed by a, not k, -, a.