- To type the long-vowel dot, type the semicolon key (;) after the syllabic character: ᓈ is typed n-a-;
- W-dotted syllabics can by typed two different ways (depending on the keyboardist’s preference).
- Roman Orthography input: ᑷ is typed k-w-i.
- Dot key (u): ᑷ is typed k-i-u.
- The alternate y-final ˚ is typed with Shift-y
- The alternate l-series ᕃ ᕄ ᕊ ᕍ can be accessed by typing shift-l.
- The alternate r-series ᖊ ᖋ ᖌ ᖍ can be accessed by typing shift-r.
- The sh-series ᔐ ᔑ ᔓ ᔕ can be accessed by typing s-h
- With the caps-lock key down, the keyboard reverts to a standard US-keyboard.
In the preceding notes, the hyphen is used to separate keystrokes: k-a is k followed by a, not k, -, a.