Mac keyboard layout installation procedure
On any of the keyboard download pages on this site, download the keyboard you want to use by finding “Mac Keyboard” in the download table. By clicking on this link, the Save File process will begin. Remember where you save it! The desktop is a convenient location.
- Unzip by keyboard layout by either simply double clicking the zipped file or by using other software like StuffIt. Safari may automatically unzip your downloaded file.
- Double click the installer to begin the process. Go through the steps as instructed being careful to read all of the information presented.
- Open System Preferences > International. Click the Input Menu tab. Scroll down until you find the name of the keyboard layout you just installed. Make sure the checkbox is selected. The layout is now ready to use.
- To access the key layout, click on the flag at the top of your screen. Select the keyboard layout from the list.
- The keyboard may be listed under either its Native, English, or French name. Please check through the list for alternate names and/or spellings.