On macs, use the OPTION key instead of RIGHT-ALT
- The GRAVE key ` is the low-tone accent as in à è ì ò ù. The SHIFT+GRAVE key is the nasal-low-tone accent, as in à̱ è̱ ì̱ ò̱ ù̱.
- The LEFT BRACKET key [ is the falling-tone accent as in â ê î ô û. The SHIFT+LEFT BRACKET key is the nasal-falling-tone accent, as in â̱ ê̱ î̱ ô̱ û̱.
- The SLASH key / is the high-tone accent as in á é í ó ú. The SHIFT+SLASH key is the nasal-high-tone accent, as in á̱ é̱ í̱ ó̱ ú̱.
- The SEMICOLON key is the long accent ¯, as in ā ē ī ō ū. The SHIFT+SEMICOLON key is the nasal-long accent, as in ā̱ ē̱ ī̱ ō̱ ū̱.
- When typing long vowels, always type the long vowel accent followed by the tone.
- ā́ is typed A - SEMICOLON - SLASH
- ē̱̂ is typed E - SHIFT+SEMICOLON - LEFT BRACKET